J P Whitter (Waterwell Engineers) Ltd is a long established family company engaged as artesian well borers and sinkers. We provide all services associated with the provision of potable and non-potable water supplies.
For over 30 years J P Whitter Waterwell Engineers have been water well drilling, maintaining, refurbishing and decommissioning boreholes, wells and adits. We are based in the North West of England and carry out work throughout the UK and Europe.
During that period we have provided services to a number of clients within the Industrial, Manufacturing, Chemical, Commercial, Development, Pharmaceutical, Agriculture, Education, Leisure, Water and Food & Drink sectors.
Where necessary the drilling expertise of J P Whitter has been supplemented by a team of associates that include Research Professors, Civil & Structural Engineers, Biologists, Chemists, Geologists, Hydrogeologists, Hydrologists, Mining Engineers and Divers.
We undertake contracts up to £1m and our services include but are not limited to:
- Sinking of water supply boreholes from 150mm to 1050mm diameter using various drilling methods including cable tool, rotary (air and mud flush) and reverse circulation.
- Installation of screens in stainless steel and copper with suitable sand or gravel packs.
- Sales, hire and installation of electric submersible borehole pumps. Sizes from 1m3/hr – 500m3/hr
- Fabrication of head works and rising mains up to 400mm diameter in mild and stainless steel.
- Borehole test pumping up to 500m3/hour
- Borehole rehabilitation and refurbishment works
- CCTV and geo-logging services
- Hydrogeologists reports and feasibility studies
- Borehole decommissioning
We are distributors for Wellmaster flexible rising mains.
We prepare Environment Agency abstraction licence applications for new wells, variations and renewals including consents to drill and test pump.
J P Whitter is a member of the Well Drillers Association and carries out all work using directly employed labour and its own, in-house, specialist equipment.